SHM is actively monitoring the evolving outbreak of COVID-19 and is dedicated to supporting hospitalists. We will be continually updating our resource page with information developed by hospitalists and by other organizations.
In the interest of providing valuable information to those who need it, SHM has also opened all member-only content to non-members during this time.
Welcome to the SHM Learning Portal
The best place for hospital medicine-specific CME and MOC, the Society of Hospital Medicine Learning Portal is the premier way for hospitalists to stay up-to-date on clinical content, continue their education, and enjoy the convenience of online learning modules.
New CME Courses
The following courses were published by SHM within the last 6 months.
- Initial Management of Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock
- Management of Patients with Hip Fractures
- Mechanical Ventilation Part III: ARDS
- Evaluation and Management of Perioperative Cirrhosis
- Fluid Resuscitation in the Critically Ill
- Managing Complications of Liver Cirrhosis
- Managing Pain in Postoperative Patients: What the Hospitalist Needs to to Know
- Management of Postoperative Atrial Fibrillation
Critical Care for the Hospitalist Series
SHM is committed to providing essential education for hospitalists on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. We know many hospitalists will be covering the ICU, and while these modules are always free for our members, we have made them free for everyone during this difficult time.
Dr. Eric Siegal, lead editor of the Critical Care for the Hospitalist Series, recommends the following courses:
View all courses in the Critical Care for the Hospitalist Series.